Monday, November 26, 2018

Crossing

Voices
Echoing, resonating
Within my perception
Of reality, of life
Calling into their presence
Silent to the world,
Yet a chorus to me

Whispers
Painfully soft
Caressing my eardrums,
From within my mind
Asking to heed their call,
Of promises, of hope
The empty beliefs

People
Not of reality, not of illusion
Residing calmly within
The folds of my heart
Each a memorial of the past,
Of what was, what would have been
But not in my control

Call
In the distance, a figment
Of imagination perhaps,
But what use is sanity
In this empty void
Filled with nothing for miles to see
That weighs more than the sky?

Reasons
Once existing, still there
Maybe if it was possible
To see deception
Would I see the reasons,
That so desperately stay
Through the passage of time?

Fate
A curse, a bane
To hear the voices, the call
To feel the people, the whispers
To see the reasons, unseen to all
Must I submit to this destiny?
Is there a choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts