Monday, December 24, 2018

Stream



The transparent window seemed like a mirror of mercury. As I stared out of it, I noticed that the clouds had transformed from the plain, gentle white tufts of cotton to a dark and stormy texture. In moments, the rain had started pouring, falling from the sky like tears from heaven. The minuscule globs of water streaking down the clear glass like miniature streams on an invisible surface. It felt strangely serene, the rhythmic fall of raindrops down to the Earth, watching the miniature puddles grow into large pools of water, tasting the vague aroma of the storm. The halcyon of the atmosphere was altering, my hair was slowly starting to stand on end, sensing the minute changes in air pressure. When it struck, the world was charged with lilac, the sky instantly turned into a shower of luminescent amethysts slashing across the sky like the claws of a magnificent beast. I had a second to catch my breath before the second strike thundered across the lands, bellowing its presence with all its might, all while filling the sky once again with a magenta glow. It continued in this inconceivably composed sequence of flashes and thunder. After what seemed like an eternity, the storm resided, and although the purple image was burnt onto my eyes, there was something satisfying about this calm after the storm, and I found myself wanting to watch that storm again. 
unsplash-logoJordan Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts