Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Process



It's an interesting way, I am not entirely sure as to whether all writers experience and go through this process as they are putting their thoughts on the table. In my previous post, I attempted to capture to the best of my ability, the feelings I experience as I am writing, whether it be poetry, a descriptive piece or simply my emotions and thought flowing out, needing a place to be. To be completely honest, I only become most excited when I am feeling extremely satisfied and impressed with a piece of writing, for instance, certain lines or words occasionally make my mind swoon as I write. This not only applies to my own writing but pieces that are written by others as well, some are really well composed and their jovial and eloquent nature or even belligerent and caliginous auras imposed by pieces sometimes fill me with excitement, that is the beauty of writing. I usually have certain ideas that pique my interest as I am in the midst of something or even simply when letting my mind wander, these I tend to forget as time passes so I usually settle for writing keywords, or points about the thought that I had, so as to allow myself to refer back to it and complete the piece. Mostly, I write within my own home, and today I noticed what a difference it makes to be out in the open while writing, thoughts flow much easier and ideas form much faster and even in clearer and better detail. Perhaps I will write a description or a poetry piece as I am outside next time, it truly does help to have an image of the location you are trying to describe through only words, even a highly defined picture cannot best the description of the wind flowing as you stand on the coast, with the very breeze in your mind swiftly gliding past you, giving you a slight chill. I suppose that was a description in itself in a sense, but I digress. That is generally how I get about putting onto paper any type of writing that I am conducting, I am not really a well-renowned author or writer, and I could not at all call myself immensely skilled in the art, but I really do enjoy it and I hope anyone reading this, if having doubts about starting to write any kind of piece, finds useful advice within this text. Have a good day!
unsplash-logoHannah Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts